Sunday, November 27, 2005

"Watch one of the balanced networks, like FOX"

Yes, that is an actual quote from a family member.

First off, to clarify. I am not ging to say there is a liberal or conservative media, just one network. A.K.A FOX.

I honestly don't know how one could truly beleive that FOX is "fair and balanced."

With shows such as "Hannty and Colmes" and "the O'Reily Factor", it doesn't seem very fair. While Hannity and Colmes may have a Righty (Hannity) and a lefty (Colmes); It is not near a balanced show.

There are two reasons I see this as such. First: Alan Colmes is the biggest wimp in the party of wimps. Democrats are pretty well known as professional LOSERS. Out of this group, Cmles stands out for his weakness, and inaptitude to make a strong point.
Second: Script anyone? the show is presented much like the agument for Intelligent design. We have three pro intelligent design guys, three against. All Scientists. But wait! the scientific community is more like 10000 against to 3 for. FOX will pull in a conseravtive guest, and him(her) will rant along with Hannity. They will ask what Colmes thinks, and at the risk of his job, he will meekly throw in some Bogus. Hannity and His guest will promptly tear it apart with their views, and thats the show.

Now, O'Reilly. As Al Franken once said (or typed, depending on how accurate you want to be) "Lying, splotchy bully". I will refrain from attacking his skin disease, because that is not within his control. About the show. Balanced? Put an elephat on one side of a tetter totter, and a donkey on the other. Se which way it tips. Thats how balanced his show is.

for Example: I was on spring break, in Colorado skiing with my family and a friend's family. One morning, my friend and I decided to stay in the hotel room for the morning, then go skiing in the afternoon. We don't have much to do, so we turn on the TV. As I am channel flipping, I see that O'Reilly is on. Good Fun. As it turns out, this was soon after the terri Schaivo Incident. So, what is O'Reilly foaming at the mouth about? Terri Schaivo. Big surprise.

o'Reilly had found some amazing pasto who claimed that Schavo had "bent her head" and "closed her eyes" when "I began to pray." What is this?

Oh well, Don't get into a Schiavo Argument, thats not what this is about.

Remeber, when you want to see balanced, read BBC.

And thats a wrap!
Motor.On

4 comments:

Scott said...

No crap fox is righty. I can't stand oreilly either. Hannity I don't mind, but his show sucks. I watch fox for some news just because I can't stand some of the others, which I could just as easily prove are liberal. You didn't really use any facts, just more abstract opinion sort of stuff. For oreilly you just said he was unbalanced because an elephant weighs more than a donkey... I understand that he's unbalanced, but you didn't really prove anything. I think ABC and CBS are liberal while Fox is conservative, which is fine. It doesn't really matter. THe problem is when they all claim to be balanced.

Motor.On said...

I don't really think that the media as a whole has a bias. There may be individual journalists who are biased, but the Networks are balanced.

The exception is FOX, and I would be OK (maybe not OK, but I wouldn't abhor them) if they came out andd SAID they weren't balanced. Instead, their slogan is "fair and balanced."

Eric said...

Alan, can you please republish your blog? Your XML feed is REALLY screwed.
See? Look at mine for comparison.

Scott said...

Yeah fair and balanced is waaay over the top... But how can possibly claim that they're the only biased network? That's ridiculous. So for ABC and CBS, it's the journalists, but FOX's entire network is corrupt? All networks are run by somebody or a group of somebodies. They all have a bias, since they're human. Therefore all news networks, just like any other human organization, have biases. You can't possibly say otherwise. It just so happens that most of the news networks (pretty much all but fox) are biased liberally.